Slade Farm has two indoor barns which house 10 and 9 boxes each.
There are two further yards - one with 5 boxes and a further self contained 6 box yard.
- Hay barn - for forage and bedding storage
- Feed room - furnished with galvanised feed bins and hot water
- Tack room - usual facilities including notice board, diary
- Wash down area
- Hay steamer available to livery owners by arrangement
- Horses fed breakfast daily by the first member on the yard in the morning
- There is approximately 100 acres, all of which is put to grass and approximately 60 acres which is fenced.
- The fencing is both post and rail on the 24/7 paddocks and on the paddocks which are used for daily turnout there are wooden posts and electric tape to divide the fields.
- Horses are turned out in compatible groups with mares and geldings being segregated.
- Horses which require turn out on their own can be accommodated.
- Grazing is rotated and the fields are regularly harrowed.
- A worming program is in place to which everyone must adhere.
- Fields are open all year round.
Cross Country Facilities
The farm also boasts a selection of cross country fences. We have constructed some well built cross country fences which include some 'skinnies', starting at 1ft 6" up to approx 3ft. In time we hope to have around 20 fences.
- 50m by 25m (approximately) outdoor floodlit menage, perfect for those early mornings or late night riders
- Sand and fibre surface suitable for both flatwork and jumping
- Polyjumps are available for everyones use
- 60 x 20m grass/woodchip arena
- School may be booked for individual tuition
We leave wide grass tracks around our own paddocks so a 'short' hack is always an option. This is useful for youngsters or simply loosening up or cooling off before/after a schooling session. Also and by courtesy of the 'Estate' owner onto whose land our farm adjoins, we are very lucky to be able to hack for several miles and for a few hours without having to encounter main roads this is a huge benefit to us and we guard this use very strictly.
- Sand and fibre surface